What is Phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of drawing blood to diagnose diseases and medical testing. A phlebotomist is the healthcare professional who performs the phlebotomy procedure (drawing blood). The phlebotomist is hired to work in hospitals, doctor offices, nursing homes, dialysis centers, plasma centers and many more.
A phlebotomist specializes in drawing blood for medical testing. They are also responsible for sending and/or processing specimens for laboratory testing.
Advanced Care Training Phlebotomy Program is an 8-week program including a lecture, laboratory, and clinical externship. Classes are held 2 days per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm or 5 pm – 9pm. Students will learn venipuncture procedure, capillary specimen collection, arterial puncture, specimen processing, and transport, point of care testing, vital signs, blood cultures, infection control, CPR/First Aid training (separate). We have partnered with McLaren and Bio Labs for Clinical Externship all students will attend an offsite clinical externship.
After completion of our program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Certification for Phlebotomy Technician.
- $1000 Course Fee (Includes National Exam Study Guide)
- Phlebotomy Kits/supplies $70
- Total cost $1070
Course Times: Tuesday & Thursday’s 9am-1pm or 5pm-9pm, 8 weeks
Phlebotomy Class Schedule 2021
|May 4 – June 24||5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
|July 13 – September 2||5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
|September 13 – November 4||5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.|
Clinical Externship: 40 hours after completion of program
Forms of payment excepted
- personal checks
- certified funds
- Michigan Rehab Services
- Michigan Works Voucher
- Employer-paid partnership program
- Black Scrubs (Uniform) Top and Bottom, White or black shoes
- 3 ring binder/ note pad, pens, pencils, highlighters
- TB Skin Test
- Hepatitis B injection Series
- Covid-19 Testing Results
- Must be 18 years of age
- HS Diploma or GED
- Negative TB skin test
- Negative Background Check
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Series before the clinical
- Drug Testing *depending on Clinical Site*
To Begin the Process
- Complete enrollment form online or in-person
- Complete Background check online or in-person
- Obtain TB skin test
- Purchase school uniform
- Pay deposit $535.00 online or in-person
- Final Payments due first day of class
- Payment plans available
- Must present with a valid ID
TUITION MUST BE PAID IN FULL NO LATER THAN THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS
Contact us to learn more.