A Phlebotomist specializes in drawing blood for medical testing. They are also responsible for sending and/or processing specimens for laboratory testing. After completion of our program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Certification for Phlebotomy Technician. Please continue to check back. Courses will begin by Fall this 2019.
What is Phlebotomy?
Phlebotomy is the process of drawing blood to diagnose diseases and medical testing. A phlebotomist is the healthcare professional who performs the phlebotomy procedure (drawing blood). The phlebotomist is hired to work in hospitals, doctor offices, nursing homes, dialysis centers, plasma centers and many more.
A phlebotomist specializes in drawing blood for medical testing. They are also responsible for sending and/or processing specimens for laboratory testing.
Advanced Care Training Phlebotomy Program is an 8-week program including a lecture, laboratory, and clinical externship. Classes are held 2 nights per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 pm – 8 pm. Students will learn venipuncture procedure, capillary specimen collection, arterial puncture, specimen processing, and transport, point of care testing, vital signs, blood cultures, infection control, CPR/First Aid training.
After completion of our program, students will be eligible to sit for the National Certification for Phlebotomy Technician. Please continue to check back. Courses will begin by Fall this 2019.
- $850 Course Fee
- $10 Criminal Background Check Fee
- Total Cost $860.00
Tuition includes all course materials, CPR/First Aid training, and National Certification exam.
Forms of payment excepted
- personal checks
- certified funds
- Michigan Rehab Services
- Michigan Works Voucher
- Employer-paid partnership program
- Course Book ( Phlebotomy Essentials; 7th edition) ISBN: 978-1-4963-8707-3
- Black Scrubs (Uniform) Top and Bottom, White or black Schools
- 3 ring binder/ note pad, pens, pencils, highlighters
- TB Skin Test
- Hepatitis B injection Series
- Must be 18 years of age
- HS Diploma or GED
- Negative TB skin test
- Negative Background Check
- Hepatitis B Vaccination Series before the externship
- Drug Testing *depending on Clinical Site*
To Begin the Process
- Complete enrollment form online or in-person
- Complete Background check online or in-person
- Obtain TB skin test
- Purchase school uniform
- Pay deposit $450.00 online or in-person
- Final Payments due first day of class
- Payment plans available
- Must present with a valid ID
TUITION MUST BE PAID IN FULL NO LATER THAN THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS (Payment plans are available).
Contact us to learn more.