Our Medical Assistant program will prepare you to perform both clinical and administrative tasks required to keep clinics, medical offices, or other outpatient medical settings running smoothly.
By combining formal education, simulation learning, and practical experience, we are confident that you will be well-prepared for the national certifying exam, as well as in the real world.
Throughout the course, you will learn to perform the duties of a Medical Assistant, such as:
- Prepare patients for examinations
- Take patients’ medical histories
- Go over treatment procedures with patients
- Assist physicians or nurses during exams
- Collect/prepare lab specimens
- Perform basic lab tests
- Facilitate prescription refills
- Inform patients about medications
- Remove sutures
- Vital signs and much more…
As per the U.S. Department of Labor, medical assistant employment is projected to increase 23 percent from 2014 to 2024.
- Medical Assistant
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Laboratory Assistant
- Medical Technician
- Back Office Assistant Manager
- Front Office Assistant Manager
- Hospital Donor Unit Assistant
- Blood Bank Donor Unit Assistant
The average salary for a Medical Assistant in Michigan is $15 per hour or more depending on setting.
Students must attend a mandatory orientation prior to the start of class.
Our Medical Assistant Program is 10 weeks with a combination of lectures and hands on practice. Students will be required to attend class in- person classes. Classes meet three times per week, M,W,F
Day Class: 8am-1pm
Program Cost: $3,500
**We are currently offering a summer tuition special rate for student paying out of pocket of $2500**
Deposit of $500 due at time registration.
Balance of $2000 due on or before the first day of class unless prior payment agreement.
Funding your Tuition:
- We have custom payment plans (call our office 248-702-6459)
- Michigan Works (we are Michigan Works Approve & Funding is available) Contact your local MW office: MichiganWorks! Association
- We have partnered with T & I Credit Union Education Loans For Students – T & I Credit Union (ticreditunion.org)
- Michigan Achievement Skills Scholarship Michigan Achievement Scholarship
- Digital Curriculum
- Chromebook Rental if needed
- Billing/Office Simulation Software
- Phlebotomy kit
- Textbooks & Workbook
- Externship Placement
- Uniform (Ceil Blue)
- School supplies
- Pressure Cuff & Stethoscope ( Also available during practice)
Course Outline Details
Module 1 CMA 101
Foundations of the Medical Assistant: In this module students will learn the role of the Clinical Medical Assistant, Legal and ethical issues in healthcare, communication, human growth and development, infection control and prevention, safety and emergency care. At the end of this module students will earn a BLS CPR certification through the American Heart Association which is valid for 2 years
Module 2 CMA 102
Administrative Medical Assistant (Prerequisite CMA 101): In this module students will learn; patient scheduling, front office duties, medical office management, medical record management, a brief introduction in medical insurance billing and coding using a simulated software for medical billing.
Module 3 CMA 103
The Clinical Medical Assistant ( Prerequisite CMA 102): In this module students will be introduced to medical terminology, basic clinical skills which includes; Vital signs, patient examinations, outpatient surgical procedures, medical specialties, phlebotomy, cardiac specialty and EKG, pharmacology and medication administration. Module completion: Satisfactory in venipuncture, and medication administration.
Module 4 CMA 104
Career Strategies & Externship: In this module students will be prepared to enter the healthcare field. They will build resume, interview techniques, career success and externship placement. Course Completion Final written exam.
Final Class of 2023: Nov 6-Jan 15 (4p-9p)
Enrollments Dates for 2024:
January 8-March 15 9a-1pm
April 22-June 28 9am-1pm
July 8-September 13 4pm-9pm
Know the terms and conditions here.