Our hands-on training will provide you with the knowledge needed to function as a Patient Care Tech and be qualified to work in various healthcare settings such as hospitals, urgent care facilities, dialysis centers and more.
We will teach you how to:
- draw blood and other process lab specimens
- perform electrocardiography (EKG)
- provide wound care
- operate and assemble equipment/supplies in preparation for various diagnostic or treatment procedures by physicians and nurses
- perform emergency related skills, such as CPR and basic first aid
- Perform other necessary procedures related to the care of a patient in an acute care setting
All of these and more will prepare you for the National Certified Patient Care Technician (NCPCT) exam.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics has projected the employment for PCT to increase 11 percent from 2016 to 2026.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Critical Care Tech
- Home Health Aide
- Medication Aide
The average salary for a Patient Care Technician in Michigan is $28,024-$42,819 per hour.
Classes starting soon.